The ‘Longest Swim’ on Friday 17 June 2016

Please come and swim – just email  info@rajksoni.org.uk for a swim slot and join us for another amazing day

Over the last three years we have run the Raj K Soni Legacy Fund ‘longest swim’ event on or around Midsummer’s Day, at the Portishead Open Air Pool and raised over £45,000 to support sporting and musical opportunities for young people up to the age of 21.

This years event is scheduled for Friday 17th June and once again it will be an event for everyone – family, friends, and friends of friends are all welcome. You don’t have to be a great swimmer – there will be all levels taking part including our super-human ex-Olympians! – you just need to be enthusiastic about this opportunity for us all to come together, raise lots of money, and be part of another amazing day.

Swim times on the day are 6.30am to 9.30am and 1pm to 8pm.  Individual swimmers or teams of swimmers enter the pool every 30 mins to swim as far as they can in the allotted time.  The only ‘ask’ is that you raise as much as you can for your swim slot.  90% of the proceeds will go to Raj’s Legacy Fund and the remaining 10% will go  to the Portishead Pool Community Trust so that all of the monies raised go back to the local community.

We have volunteers counting every length that everyone swims, so no matter if you do 2 or 20 or 40!…your contribution will count towards the overall total at the end of the evening when we work out how many times we have swum ‘the Channel’ together…..The Longest Swim!

You and your family are also invited to join us for the fund-raising bar, paella & barbecue with music on the poolside, from approximately 5pm through until 9.30pm.  This year we will again have some very special musical entertainment, supplied courtesy of the Rock Project, with local young musicians performing.

If you would like to take part please email us at info@rajksoni.org.uk and state your swim time preferences and whether how many you will be for the BBQ so we can get the catering right.  Please also indicate whether you are available to help out whilst you’re there – there’s always so much to do so even if you don’t swim and we’d love some extra pairs of hands.

We really hope to see to on Friday 17th June.

Raj, Sue & Krishna Soni